Happy 2012 Everyone!
Do you have your resolutions ready? If you do or you don’t, I want to share something that has been helpful to me. If you have goals in mind of things you want to accomplish in 2012, don’t forget to search ways in which you can accomplish these goals on YouTube.
I just want to point out a couple of examples in which YouTube taught me some skills.
1. I found a youtube clip that helped me photoshop a picture of my boss. Using the Obama Hope poster as inspiration, we used this poster to nickname our department Scottland, after him.
I had never used photoshop before and it comes standard on my work computer. You might have programs on your computer that you want to try but you’re not sure how.
2. I learned how to fix my Playstation 3 after it had stopped working and showed the “yellow light of death.” Can you guess where I found the method? Yep! On YouTube.
3. I learned How To Tie a Bow Tie for my engagement pictures from a couple of southern gentlemen and I still sport the tie every now and then.
4. I learned how to make Choclate Dipped Oreos for my co-w0rker’s Christmas candy. It’s not brain surgery, but I wouldn’t have thought to use a butter knife to dip the Oreos if I hadn’t seen it on youtube.
5. I wouldn’t have been able to help my nephew beat the Lego Harry Potter game if it hadn’t been for Video Games Blogger YouTube Chanel.
If there is something that you’ve always wanted to learn about, cook, repair, or try, look it up on YouTube (especially since you are starting your New Years Resolution).